The Splash of Inspiration Challenge is an exciting opportunity for students to unleash their creativity while promoting water conservation and environmental awareness. This challenge invites classrooms to submit artwork reflecting water’s beauty and the importance of preserving our precious resources.
Teacher Informational Video
Student Informational Video
- The Splash of Inspiration Challenge encourages students to create artwork centered around the following prompt:
- CREATE AN ARTWORK THAT SHOWS THE JOURNEY OF WATER FROM ITS BEGINNING TO ITS END IN OUR COMMUNITY, AND WHAT YOU ARE DOING TO MAKE OUR WATER BETTER.
- Artwork medium will be provided for participating classrooms after registration.
- Submission Deadline: 5 APRIL 2024
- Eligibility: OPEN TO GRADES 3 – 5. EACH PARTICIPATING CLASS MUST HAVE A WELL WATCH PRESENTATION SCHEDULED, OR COMPLETED IN THE 2023-2024 SCHOOL YEAR. EACH PARTICIPATING CLASS CAN SUBMIT ONE ENTRY.
- To register for your class, please fill out the registration form below:
Recognition and Prizes
- Prizes will be awarded to the top entries, and winning artwork will be displayed prominently at the CCWCD’s Children’s Water Festival.
- Participating classrooms will receive certificates of participation for their efforts in promoting water conservation.
- Artwork will be judged based on a rubric that will be provided to registered classrooms at a later date. A panel of judges, including local artists and environmental educators, will evaluate the submissions and select the winning classrooms.
- Winning artwork will be showcased at the Children’s Water Festival on 1 May 2024, where attendees can admire the creativity and talent of participating students. The exhibition serves as a platform to raise awareness about water health and inspire others to take action.
- Winning artwork will also be honored at the Caring for Our Watersheds Awards Ceremony on 10 May 2024. Only the winning teachers, as well as a select number of student ambassadors and their guests, will be allowed.