Thank you for your interest in the Well Watch Program! Our mission is to empower students and educators with hands-on experiences in water science. Dive into a unique learning adventure that spans throughout your school year, and beyond!
Step 1: Expressing Interest
Start by connecting with us through one of the following:
Step 2: Initial Discussion
If you’ve submitted our sign-up form, we will suggest an engaging starting lesson that aligns with your classroom goals!
If you have not submitted our sign-up form, we’ll discuss program details with you before sending the form to you!
Step 3: Choosing the Path
After our meeting, you can choose a pathway that suits your classroom:
- One-Off Experience:
- Dive into a single lesson on a topic that aligns with the topics and goals of your classroom!
- Pathway Experiences:
- Begin a 7-lesson journey that’s especially aligned with your classroom needs, and scaffolded to help your students grow! This journey will culminate in a Program-Led student project to allow your students the chance to apply their new water science!
- On-Site Field Experience:
- Immerse your students in a memorable place-based lesson at the Poudre Learning Center to embrace water science through nature!
Step 4: Post-Lesson Survey
Your thoughts matter! Following the experience, you’ll complete a brief survey to share how your students responded to the lesson and provide insights for future sessions. Your feedback will shape the program’s continuous improvement!
Step 5: Future Lessons
After reviewing your responses, we’ll collaborate to schedule your next set of lessons. This ensures the program aligns seamlessly with your evolving curriculum and teaching goals!
As the school year concludes, we will express our gratitude for your participation, making plans to continue the connection, water adventures, and empowering the next generation of your students for the next school year.
FAQsWhat is the duration of each lesson?
– Schools outside of District 6 can participate in the program at a low rate of $5 per student!
– Scholarships are available for classes in need of financial support!
– Complete lesson plans for teachers wanting to implement water science at their leisure
– Materials for lessons
– Supplies for water quality testing
– Program scholarship opportunities
– Educator incentives