Tasks to be completed:
- Complete “Soil Properties with a Purpose”
- Complete “Colorado Groundwater”
- Try the groundwater model simulator
- Hand lenses
- Container 1 (in baggie #2)
- Container 2 (in baggie #2)
Soil Properties with a Purpose
What makes a good aquifer? Use this interactive groundwater simulator to sketch and test what you think makes a good aquifer. Make sure to check out the templates afterwards.
- Alluvium – loose, unconsolidated soil or sediment that has been eroded, reshaped by water in some
form, and redeposited in a non-marine setting.
- Bedrock – substructure composed of hard rock buried at the Earth’s surface
- Outcrop – an exposed portion of bedrock or ancient superficial deposits on the surface of the Earth.